What the Heck do we Call it!! A Night Guard? Dental Guard?

Sorry everyone, but I have been on a slight hiatus in 2018 do to some personal stuff.  So coming back to my blog, I was trying to think of some issue or discussion to get everyone hot and bothered……like a discussion about Night Guards!!  Yes, I know how we all love to think about Night Guards all the time! 🙄  But seriously, I don’t want to go down that rabbit hole where I have to educate my readers about what is a Night Guard, and what does a Night Guard do, and who has to wear a Night Guard.  All that Night Guard talk is such hard work!!  Which got me thinking about a much easier subject such as what is the proper name for this little plastic device that goes in our mouths?  What do we call this thing?  So I went on Google to see if I could have one definitive answer and came away even more confused.  Here is a list of all the names that I have found listed in no particular order:  Dental Guard, Bite Guard, Night Guard, Splint Device, Resin, Dental Prosthesis, Mouth Guard.  Actually that last one (“Mouth Guard”) is really it’s own definition for a device that protects an athlete’s teeth from being damaged from a physical blow to the face or an accident.  So, today, I am going to make an executive decision….from now on everyone is to refer to it as a “Teeth Cushion!!” Or call it as you wish!!